www.opal.com.au – Activate your Opal Credit Card
How to Activate an Opal Credit Card :
Opal Card is a unique fare collection system used for public transport in Sydney. It is a general card fare service & quite easy to utilize in all sorts of public transport.
Opal Credit Card was first launched for Adults in 2012 & for Children and Youth in 2014. The Card has numerous facilities for their customers & can be utilized in Metro, Light Rail, Ferry Rail, and Bus Services. Opal Cards are managed by the New South Wales (NSW) Government’s transport authority.
The Card utilizes modern Contactless Smart Card Technology and serves in many Australian regions like Central Coast, Sydney, Hunter Region, and Southern Highlands. The Opal Credit Cards are quite popular among people and never compromises with their services and is always ready to serve better services for its customers.
A Guideline for – How to Activate an Opal Credit Card:
You can’t use an Opal Card, without activation. Now to Activate an Opal Credit Card, you are required to follow the underneath steps given:
- Visit the official website of Opal Card.
- You can also tap on the link provided www.opal.com.au
- Primarily, you have to “Log In” for the Opal account.
- Then go to the Opal Card webpage & choose your card (which you have already received).
- Here search for the “Activate Card” option link just over your newly chosen Opal Card.
- Now by tapping on the link, carefully put down your “Card Number” & also enter the “Security Number” which is already printed on the backside of your Opal Card.
- At the time of applying for the Opal Credit Card, if you want to add money on the card, just tap on after 60 minutes & within 60 days (from the date of your Account Opening) to transfer the balance into your selected Opal card.
Please Note: After you have completed your Activation process of your Opal Card, you should wait for a minimum of 60 minutes for the balance to become available. After that, you will need to tap on an “Opal Reader” within 60 days from the activation date, to Transfer the Balance into your Opal Card.
A Guideline for – How to Log In for an Opal Credit Card:
If you want to Log In easily for an Opal Credit Card, go through the below instructions:
- Go to the main authoritative website of Opal Cards.
- On the home page, tap on the “Tickets and Opal” & then select the “Manage Opal Card”
- Now on the deferred “Manage your Opal Card” webpage, enter your “Username or Email ID” and “Password” carefully.
- At the end just by tapping on the “LOG IN” bar below, you can easily access your Opal Card account.
A Guideline for – How to get an Opal Credit Card:
There are several ways to get an Opal Card completely depending on which Opal card you need. If you are a Youth or Adult or Child Opal Cards can be available through the counters of Opal Retailers, along with the News Agents & Convenience Stores, while if you are going to apply for the concession cards then you must have to Apply Online. The cards will be delivered within 5 to 7 working days to a valid Australian address.
The company charges no such fees for an Opal Card, except a nominal top-up value of $20 is required for an Adult Card or a minimum of $10 is required for a Child or Concession Card, you have to apply for these cards at the Retailers outlets or during the utilization of Top-Up Machines. While you are doing an online Top-up, an amount of $10 for adults & $5 for children or concessions are needed.
Alternatively, you can also utilize the contactless payments method to travel with an Adult Opal card. Moreover, a purchase can be made of Opal Single Trip tickets, but the prices are a little higher & expensive than using a general Opal Card and it is to be noted that some dockyards, stations, & stops do not sell them.
Also Read : Activate your Sodexo Card Online
A Guideline for – How to Apply and get Registered for an Opal Credit Cards:
It is pretty simple to Apply & get Registered for an Opal Card, please go with the below steps for the process:
- On the official website, primarily move on to the “Manage your Opal Card” webpage by simply following the LOG IN process above.
- Here on the webpage you can easily find the “Create Account” option, tap on it.
- On a newly deferred page, you will get 2 (two) options of “I have an Unregistered Opal Card” and “I do not have an Opal Card”.
- Now by tapping on the “I have an Unregistered Opal Card” option, you have to enter your Card Number, Security Code, Your Nickname (If Any or Optional), & click on the “SUBMIT” button below.
- And alternatively by tapping on the “I do not have an Opal Card” you will be on the new “Choose an Opal Card” webpage, here you have to choose your Opal Card as per your requirement & then ORDER and APPLY for the same accordingly.
A Guideline for – How to Block a Lost or Stolen Opal Credit Card:
In any circumstances if your registered Opal Card is lost or stolen, report it urgently & block the card by going through the below-given instructions:
If you possess an additional Opal Card already linked with your primary account, you can transfer the balance of the blocked Opal Card to the other card.
- First, “Log In” to your registered Opal Card Account utilizing your “Username” & “Password”.
- Then on the Opal Card page, choose the Opal Card you want to Block.
- Now tap on the “Manage” tab & then press the “Block this Opal Card” option.
- At Last, go through the on-screen prompts to Block the Opal Card Permanently.
Please Note: Your Opal Card will be blocked permanently & with immediate effect, the organization ensures that your account balance will be kept protected. If you find your card, later on, you won’t be able to use it anymore. Please remember you can’t block an unregistered Opal Card.
Various Cards offered by Opal Credit Cards:
There are numerous Opal Cards offered by the card organization. Those are as follows:
- Adult Opal Cards
- Opal Cards for Child and Youth
- Concession Opal Cards
- Gold Senior and Pensioner Opal
- School Opal
- Free Travel Opal Cards
- Contactless Payments
Please Note: To read the details please visit the official website of Opal Credit Cards.
Opal Transport Customer Service Centre (Sydney CBD) – The Grand Concourse at Central Station (Monday to Saturday 8 am to 6 pm and Sunday and Public Holidays 9 am to 5 pm)
Opal Transport Customer Service Centre (Sydney CBD) – Opposite of Wharf 5 at Circular Quay on Alfred Street (Monday to Saturday 8 am to 6 pm and Sunday and Public Holidays 9 am to 5 pm)
Customer Care Service (Call): 13 -67 -25 (13 OPAL)
Public Transport Enquiries and Feedback (Call): 131 -500