www.wellsfargo.com/activatecard – Activate Wells Fargo Debit Card
Wells Fargo Debit Card Activation :
Wells Fargo provides the customers with an eligible checking account a Wells Fargo Debit Card to make everyday purchases from participating retailers and service providers. To use the card including online or by phone, the cardholders must activate it. And for the activation, Wells Fargo offers more than one way so that you can do this important task as soon as after receiving your card in the mail. There start paying using your Wells Fargo Debit Card with confidence knowing that it comes with many protection features
There are three simple ways to activate a Wells Fargo Debit Card: online, by phone, or through ATM. Here are the brief guides describing each of them to help you activate your card right away. You can choose any of these ways for activating your Wells Fargo debit card.
Wells Fargo Debit Card Online Activation :
Online is one of the quickest, easiest, and most convenient means of card activation. To activate your Wells Fargo Debit Card online, keep the card along with the mail attachment handy; open a web browser and take the following steps.
- Visit the Wells Fargo official Card Activation Page at www.wellsfargo.com/activatecard.
- It is a Wells Fargo Sign-On portal where you need to enter your new Wells Fargo Online Account username and password in their respective fields.
- Check the “Save username” box if you would like to access the site frequently afterward.
- Click the “Sign on” button to enter into the system.
- Navigate to the card section and follow the prompts to activate your Wells Fargo Debit Card providing the required information.
After the card is active, sign the back of the card immediately and destroy the temporary or old card if you have one. Then, your new Wells Fargo Debit Card is all ready for use and access.
Note that, for a new card you will receive a system-generated PIN in the mail, usually a couple of days after receiving the card. It will happen if you did not select a PIN when you request the card. In the case of a replacement card, you can use your old or current PIN
Activation by Mobile App :
Another convenient way to activate your Wells Fargo Debit Card online is to use Wells Fargo Mobile App. The app is available on the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and the Google Play Store for Android devices.
For this activation, just open the Wells Fargo app on your mobile device. Sign on with your Touch/Face ID or simply using your online account login credentials. Select the card you want to activate from the card sections. Follow the instruction and input the necessary details. In the end, your Wells Fargo Debit Card will be activated.
How to Enroll In Wells Fargo Online Account :
If you do not have a Wells Fargo Online Account, you can register for one over the web in a few simple steps as given below.
- Click the “Enroll” link provided at the top right of the activation login page, www.wellsfargo.com/activatecard
- Enter your Social Security Number or Individual Tax Identification Number to verify your identity.
- Check the box below the entry field if you do not have this number.
- Enter your Wells Fargo ATM or Debit Card Number in the second field.
- Select the respective checkbox if you have not been issued this number and enter your Date of Birth and Last Name instead of it.
- Click the “Continue” button to create your Wells Fargo Online Account and log in to activate the debit card.
Also Read : Netspend MasterCard Activation
Other Ways to Activate Wells Fargo Debit Card :
Would not like to go online? You can activate your Wells Fargo Debit Card over the phone by calling the toll-free number written on the sticker attached to the front of your card. Or, dial the card activation number 1-877-294-6933 from your home or mobile phone
You can also visit any Wells Fargo ATM and activate your Wells Fargo Debit Card there. But for the activation via ATM, you must have a Personal Identification Number or PIN. If you do not have an ATM PIN, wait for it to reach you separately from your card.
Once you received your PIN, go to your nearest or any Wells Fargo ATM location with your debit card and PIN. Remove the sticker before using the ATM to activate your Wells Fargo debit card.
Upon completing the activation, peel off the sticker from the Wells Fargo ATM Debit Card and sign the signature panel on the back. Destroy your temporary or old if you have any to start using your new Wells Fargo Debit Card.
Wells Fargo Debit Card Customer Service :
Wells Fargo Debit Card Customer Service Number: 1-800-896-3557