www.cibc.com – Activate CIBC Petro-Points MasterCard-Step By Step
Petro-Points MasterCard, issued by CIBC is a zero annual fee credit card. It allows the user to amass substantial savings and discounts on every fuel purchase from the participating Petro-Canada fuel stations in Canada. Offers like savings of 2 cents, redeeming the reward points in return for even more cash savings are some of the reasons why this card is one of the most coveted credit cards among the customers.
If you are lucky to acquire Petro-Points MasterCard, you need to activate it by yourself either via CIBC Online Banking or by calling the dedicated Activation Phone Number.
The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, popularly known as CIBC is a leading banking and financial institution in North America. CIBC offers a holistic range of financial facilities and infrastructure through personal, business, commercial banking, wealth management, capital market insurance, credit cards, and more to 10 million active customers across Canada, the United States, and the rest of the globe.
CIBC is one of the prominent establishments among the “Big Five” Banks in Canada. It’s headquarter is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Features and Benefits of CIBC Petro-Points MasterCard
Get to earn valuable Petro-Points, literally with any purchase, wherever you shop. Apart from redeeming in return for fuels and savings, you can redeem the points in return for other rewards like coffee gift cards, lottery tickets, car washes, and many more exciting things from participating sites. Here are some of the prominent benefits and features listed enough to convince you, why CIBC Credit Card is synonymous with savings and security:
- Combo savings of total 7¢ per liter.
- Earn 10 Petro Points per dollar at every location outside Petro Canada like restaurants, bill payment, shopping, ticket booking, and more.
- With Points Multiplier, earn 15 Petro Points per dollar on your Card Purchases from the pharmacy and grocery retailers.
- On spending $1000 every month, earn 5000 Petro Points as a bonus.
- Contactless Payment Method by simply tapping your CIBC Credit Card in the merchant terminals with the contactless symbol.
- Stay up to date with Credit Report Alerts.
- Get quick guidance and access to Identity Theft Assistance, offering a new level of card security.
- Zero cost purchase Security and Extended Warranty Insurance.
- Make your payment spending with facilities like AutoPay Services, Cash Advances, Personalised Convenience Cheques, and more.
Rates and Fees
- Zero Annual Fees.
- Balance Transfer Rate of 22.99%.
- Purchase Interest Rate of 19.99%.
- Cash Advance Rate of 99%.
Requirements to Activate Petro-Points MasterCard
Activate your Petro-Points MasterCard without any hassle by signing up for the CIBC Online Banking. To Register Your Card for Online Banking, you need:
- Approved and valid Petro-Points MasterCard.
- Full access to voice calls and text messages to your registered phone number.
After receiving the Physical Card via mail, you can initiate the activation by logging into CIBC Online Banking. Here are the detailed steps of signing up and proceed with the activation.
Step 1: Activate Petro-Points MasterCard- Sign Up with Online Banking
Please get started with the Registration by going through the following steps:
- Open your browser and visit www.cibc.com
- Click on Sign-On at the extreme top right portion of the screen.
- Tap on Register.
- Enter Credit Card Number without any space.
- Type in the Credit Card Date(mm-yy)
- Mention your Registered Phone Number with CIBC. In case of international number, tap on Switch to enter an international phone number and entre the same.
- Click on Next.
- Set up the account Password as per the instructions.
- Create Security Questions and Answers to secure your account.
- Complete the account set up.
Step 2: Access CIBC Account to Activate Petro-Points MasterCard
Now that you have already enrolled with the Online Banking, it’s time to activate your card straightaway. Activating your card will enable you to transact and purchase with it both offline and online.
- Open your browser and visit www.cibc.com
- Select Sign-On.
- Type in the Credit Card Number.
- You may tap on Remember my card number if you wish the browser to auto-fill your details on your next login. Skip the step if you are accessing from a public computer for security.
- Type in the account Password.
- Click on the Sign On
- Select My Accounts.
- From there, select Activate Card option from the Credit Section.
- Follow the steps to successfully activate the credit card.
Reset Password of CIBC Online Banking
If you have forgotten your Online Banking password, do not worry. Refer here to quickly recover:
- Open your browser and visit www.cibc.com> Sign-On.
- Tap on Reset your password
- Type in the following information to verify your account details:
- Credit Card Number.
- Card Expiry Date(mm-yy)
- Registered Phone Number with CIBC.
- Click on the Next
- Follow the on-screen prompts to Reset Password.
- Confirm the changes by returning to the login page and access using newly set credentials.
Petro-Points MasterCard through Mobile Banking
CIBC Mobile Banking app is now available in both Google Play Store and App Store. Enrolling with Online Banking will automatically give you access to your CIBC Credit Card account through the app. This will help you to manage your credit card anytime and anywhere with lots of flexibility. Here is how you can activate your card via Smartphone itself.
- Download the CIBC Mobile Banking app on your phone.
- One the app and access Mobile Banking by entering Credit Card Number and Password.
- From the main navigation menu, select Activate Card under My Accounts.
- Go through the in-app prompts to successfully activate a credit card.
Activation of Petro-Points MasterCard On-Call
Those who want a quick activation without going through the Online Banking activation can opt for the telephonic activation. This will activate your credit card for transactions and purchases. You can always come back later and set up Online Banking. Keep the card handy. Dial 1 800 465-4653 (Canada and the U.S.) or 514 861-4653 (Global). Follow the instructions for verification and activate the card.
CIBIC Credit Card Support
- Dial 1-800-465-4653 (Canada and U.S.)
- Dial 514-861-4653(Global)
- Dial 1-877-331-3338 (Telecommunications Device for the Deaf)
- Dial 1-800-663-4575 (Canada and the U.S.)
- Dial 514-861-9898 (Global)
- Dial 1-800-814-7442 (Canada and the U.S.)
- Dial 416-784-5357 (Global)