www.americanexpress.com/us – American Express Credit Card Login
How to Log In and Apply for the American Express Credit Card :
Almost 172 years ago, American Express has started its journey as a simple express mail business in Buffalo, New York, USA. The American Express Company (Amex) company was established in earlier 1850 and is a global financial services corporation headquartered at 200 Vesey Street in the Battery Park City neighborhood of Lower Manhattan in New York City, USA. The official logo of the company was adopted in the year 1958, which is a representation of a gladiator or centurion whose image still now appears on the company’s popular credit cards, traveler’s cheques, and charge cards.
In 2016, Credit Card’s utilization of the American Express (Amex) network captured about 22.9% of the total dollar volume of credit card transactions within the United States. As per the data of December 2019, the organization had more than 114.4 million cards in force worldwide, along with 54.7 million cards in force in the United States, each with average annual spending of $19,972.
In the year 2020 Fortune magazine listed American Express (Amex) at 9th position on their Fortune List among the Top 100 Companies to Work for based on the survey of satisfaction of employees.
How to Log In or Sign In for the American Express Credit Card Account (US):
To Log In for the American Express Credit Card Account, go through the below steps:
Log In from the Amex Online Platform:
- Primarily, get to the American Express official website.
- You can also directly click on to link www.americanexpress.com/us.
- On the homepage, you’ll see a place to “LOG IN” to your account on the top right side of that page.
- Here you need to simply type your “User ID” and “Password” into their respective slots.
- While Logging into an American Express online account you’ll also have to choose, from which account you want to Log In, depending on what type of account you have. The choices are like: Cards – My Account (default) / Membership Rewards / Merchant Account / American Express @ Work.
- You can also tap on the “Remember Me” check the box below, to get logged in easily in the future.
Log In from a Mobile Phone or Tablet:
Getting your banking information alongside could help you to become more proactive in managing your finances. It’s quite easy to do if you have an American Express Account. You can easily download the application on both of your Apple or Android devices. All you have to Text “MOBILE to 86509” to receive a link from American Express to the app itself, & from there you can easily download it to your phone.
After you have downloaded & opened the Amex Mobile Application you will be prompted to “Log In”. Then, you just need to enter your “User ID” & “Password” like you would on a computer. After you have logged in, you can access your account at your disposal. Now you can set automatic bill pay, view a history of transactions, & deposit checks whenever you required it.
How to Apply for the American Express Credit Card (US):
To Apply for the American Express Credit Card, please go through the below steps:
- Go to the home page of the site of American Express.
- Tap on the “Cards” option on the navigation bar above.
- Here you will see the options like View All Personal Credit Cards, View All Business Credit Cards, View All Corporate Programs, etc.
- You need to choose your category first, and on the next page, you can “Apply” easily.
Also Read : Home Depot Credit Card Login
How to Create a New Online Account or Register for American Express Credit Card (US):
To Create a New Online Account or Register your American Express Credit Card (US), here are some simple steps to follow:
- Primarily, LOG IN on the American Express website.
- Then here on the login webpage tap on the “Create New Online Account” link below the LOG IN the bar.
- And now on the next webpage put down your “15-Digit Card Number” (i.e. Printed on the front side of the Card), and the “4-Digit Card ID” (CID), etc.
- Tapping on the “Confirm” bar below, follow the screen prompted instructions.
How to Reset or Forgot User ID or Password for the American Express Credit Card (US):
To Reset or Forgot User ID or Password for the American Express Credit Card, you need to go through the below guidelines:
- Move on to the main Log In webpage following the online process given above.
- Here you are required to tap on the “Forgot User ID or Password” link.
- By tapping on the link you will be on the next webpage.
- Now on the page under “Enter your Card Information” head, you have to put down your “15-Digit Card Number” (i.e. Existing Card Account), and “4-Digit Card ID” (CID), etc.
- At Last press on the “CONTINUE” button below & follow through the on-screen guidelines to finish.
American Express Customer Service:
For General Inquiries (Mail to):
P.O. Box – 981535
El Paso, TX 79998 -1535
For Bill Payment (Mail to):
P.O. Box – 650448
Dallas, TX 75265 -0448
For Bill Payment (Overnight) (Mail to):
Attn: Express Mail Remittance Processing
20500 Belshaw Ave,
Carson, CA 90746
For Amex Personal Cards:
Customer Service (Call): 1 -800 -528 -4800 (24 X 7)
Hearing Impaired (TTY/ TDD) (Call): Relay Dial 711 and 1 -800 -528 -4800 (24 X 7)
To Make a Payment (Call): 1 -800 -472 -9297 (24 X 7) Pay your bill by phone & also make a payment online.
To apply for an Amex Personal Card (Call): 1 -888 -297 -1244 (6 am to 2 am ET, 7 Days a Week)
To Check your Application Status (Call): 1 -877 -239 -3491 (Mon to Fri, 8 am to 12 am ET, SAT 10 am to 6:30 pm ET)
For Amex Small Business:
Customer Service (Call): 1 -800 -492 -3344 (24 X 7)
Pay Bills (Call): 1 -800 -472 -9297 (24 X 7)
Apply through Phone (Call): 1 -800 -519 -6736 (7 am to 12 am ET, 7 days a week)
For Amex Merchant Service:
Customer Service (Call): 1 -800 -528 -5200 (Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm ET)
For Prospective & New Merchants (Call): 1 -800 -445 -2639 (Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm ET)
For Amex Corporate Cards:
Customer Service (Call): 1 -800 -528 -2122 (24 X 7) (For Card Members Only)
Customer Service (Call): 888 -800 -8564 (8 am to 8 pm EST) (For Program Administrators Only)
Corporate Membership Rewards (Call): 844 -617 -4612 (8 am to 8 pm EST) (For Program Administrators Only)
Platinum Customer Service (Call): 1 -800 -492 -3932 (24 X 7) (For Card Members Only)
For International Dollar Card (IDC)/ Puerto Rico/ U.S. Virgin Islands (PRVI) (Call): 1 -800 -545 -1171 (Mon to Thurs: 24 X 7 & Fri: 12 am to 10 pm CT)